Wednesday, September 06, 2006

You: proles

The more I see of these banners the mayor of London, one Livingstone K., has erected along various promenades of the metrop. the more perplexed I am.

Let us not imagine he supposes many of us notice the collectivist triumphalism, or the sheer weirdness of compelling people to underwrite this sort of nebulous feelygoody propaganda – and let’s face it: he’s probably right; how many people have not been beaten into insensitivity by this sort of thing over the years?

Indeed, let us suppose that young Livingstone goes about this business of banner-erection in the sublime knowledge that he will never be called on this behaviour.

What, then, does he imagine he achieves by this, by these banners proclaiming WE ARE LONDONERS?

Can you imagine the conversation that led up to it? Perhaps it was a committee. Maybe a PR consultancy was drafted in.

What did Ken think, though? I want people to associate their sense of belonging to collectivism? I want people to see these banners and understand we never stop working for them? I want to end disunity? (whatever the hell that is) I want to create a solidarity movement of Londoners?

Truly, I cannot conceive of a motive for the mayor’s actions which does not in fact hold Londoners in the uttermost contempt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for some other informative website. Where else may just I get that
type of information written in such an ideal method?
I have a challenge that I am simply now operating on, and I have
been at the glance out for such info.

Also visit my web page :: Microsoft Office Gratuit

10:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home